Monday 26 November 2012

Dumb Ways to Die

Dumb Ways to Die... I think it's a wonderful video. It creates awareness, which is good, but not all people will think that way.. Perhaps, it's because of the title. So people will quickly judge about the video, thinking that "oh, that's just lame to produce that kinda song", so the title is off somehow.


But in my opinion, the animated video was the perfect choice to make it "less violence" and despite the title, it has many meanings to it. True that the title makes it sound that the song or video an R-rated but with the help of some cartoon and a relatable cheery song it makes it enjoyable experience to watch. If you ask me, the actual meaning of the song is more on telling us that why would you want to die in the dumbest way possible when there are a much easier ways to die. What I'm trying to explain is, the video/song is trying to convey us a message on live our life to the fullest; that's where the cartoon came in. Life is colourful. Why die, when you have a life to live? That's why they purposely named the title "Dumbest Ways to Die." At least that's what I think.


And if I were given a chance to rename the song, I wouldn't. I would stick to the original title since it brings a lot of deeper meaning. It makes people think. And the cons of this video, well, maybe it's too cheery. So, in the end the message is more for the children instead of the adults since I myself find the video an amusement, then what will rest of the adults think? So yeah. That's my opinion. Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. wehh ,why lah you put the picture .you know what i pun nak letak gambar tuh jugak .hahhaha .

    ReplyDelete